Yesterday we had our community's annual garage sale. After a tiring but successful morning we headed over to cousin Deborah & Zeynal's house to celebrate the twins' first birthday. I just can't believe they're a year old already!
I forgot my camera, so Deb was kind enough to send me these.
Aren't they cute? I cropped this one so you can't see their cute tushies.
Here Sorayya enjoys her cake...
And here's Mia and Sorayya on their new Barbie couch with Mom and Dad.
Dan had a great time with Evan, as always.
As we were leaving Dan said he had to pee. Well, we already know how cool I think it is that boys can pretty much go anywhere, so it's no surprise I let him pee on the tree in front of Deborah's condo.
All of a sudden a woman comes out of the condo across the street (she must be a Mrs. Kravitz) and starts shouting at us. "What are you DOING?", she screams. "That's DISGUSTING!!! You just left they're house, couldn't you have done that inside? What are you people???? Disgusting!!!!!!!!!"
I turned around as this diatribe started, smiled pleasantly at her and said, "No habla ingles."
She looked at me and said, "It figures! You people are always so disgusting!" at which point I stopped listening completely.
Really, what's the big deal? He's three, for goodness sake. Okay, it may not be the classiest thing to do, but racism isn't classy either, lady.
Deborah and I had a good laugh over it. I have to say, though, that I'm glad she's not my neighbor.
When we got home Dan started playing in Phoebe's cage. Don't worry, buddy. You're not in the doghouse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
wowie, I better be careful because I let Curran pee in lots of odd places also... oops!
sounds like you handled it just right! rofl
Post a Comment