Saturday, March 22, 2008
Bunny Flop
That's one way to wear a basket...
Dan really enjoyed the Easter Egg Hunts we did last year.
Last night we went to the first of two Easter Egg Hunts our city sponsors. I wanted to get terrific pictures, of course, so made sure to grab my 70-300mm lens so I could get some great long shots.
The only problem was I forgot the camera.
Nevertheless we were able to have a good time. The event was well-organized, broken down by age group to make it fair and fun for everyone. There were literally hundreds of eggs on the field, and I was sure that though the event was well-attended, the 1-3 year olds would take at least an hour to collect them all.
Boy, was I wrong. Those suckers were gone in less than a minute.
Most of the eggs had candy in them, but there were also some special prize eggs. If the child was lucky enough to grab one they took it the prize table for a special age appropriate gift. Dan didn't get any prize eggs, but he enjoyed the hunt almost as much as he enjoyed playing on a new and different playground while we waited for traffic to thin before heading home.
This morning we decided to go to the second Easter Egg hunt, and made plans to meet friends there. This one was much more crowded, but at least I remembered my camera. Given the brevity of last night's hunt I opted for my little Canon Sureshot and left the Rebel at home. Didn't want to waste time focusing...
Today's hunt wasn't as fun as last night's. The crowds, the heat, and one particular parent who was upset her child wasn't picking up eggs. Egads.
Dan didn't get a lot of eggs today, but he did get two prize eggs. He gave one of the prizes - a cute mommy and baby duck - to his friend Ella, who was not feeling herself today.
Hundreds of eggs (this shot shows only a small portion of the field dedicated to the 1-3 year-olds)...
He had to shake every one...
Way to hustle, buddy...
We ran into Lauren, her Mom and the triplets...
Ella liked the duck Dan gave her. We think...
Dan, Ella & Marco enjoy the spoils...
Dan & Marco with EB...
Dan & EB share a private moment...
... before Dan figures out the truth about EB, and we take our leave ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











2 comments:
That's a lot of eggs, a lot of excitement and a lot of cuteness... and somehow I predict he'll have more fun today with his cousins.
And btw, my feet are just a tad jealous of yours. LOL
What a fun weekend for you guys! Dan is way braver of that EB than my little two were!!
Post a Comment